If you love cricket and would wish to buy your own cricket, then you should know that there are number of reputable cricket bat providers like Meulemans that can probably help you out. When choosing a cricket bat, you don’t just choose on a whim. There are a few things that you should consider so that you can ensure that the bat you choose is fit for you. Below are some tips that can help you with choosing the perfect cricket bat.
1. Choose based on your requirement. You should always have requirements for your based. One example is the type of ball you will be using. If you would be using rubber, then it would be much better if you buy a bat that is much thicker. Although, thicker bats are often much costlier.
2. Always ask for the size best suited for you. Remember that cricket bats come in many different sizes. That is why you should always refer to the sizes of the bats. For ages 11 to 12 years old, it is recommended that you choose a size 6 and if you are much younger, then go for a 4 or 5. If you would be playing in a school team then choose senior size.
3. Choose a well trusted company. A reputable company means that they have already proven themselves within the business and oftentimes, these companies are the ones that are sure to provide you with quality cricket bats.
4. Choose a willow that best suits you. Most, if not all, cricket bats are made of willow and there are two major types of willows that you can choose from: either English willow or Kashmir willow. English willow would cost you much more because they are of finer quality.
5. Observe the grains. The number of grains would determine the age of the willow and the older they are the finer the bat. Remember that the more grains, the better it performs.
6. There is a difference in weight. English willow tends to be lighter than Kashmir willow. Although Kashmir willows are heavier, they are recommended for beginners.